Beef Burgundy - Slow Cooker Style
If you're like most of us, by now you have probably had your fill of kitchens and cooking. Now that the festivities of the Holiday season are over, it's time to settle back into routines that feel a bit more normal and a little less stressful. And that includes in the kitchen.
We can help.
This month's Quick 'n Easy recipe is Beef Burgundy - Slow Cooker Style. Not only will you be making good eats that the family will love, you'll also be cutting down on your prep and clean up time in the kitchen, by using that good old reliable slow cooker again.
So sit back and relax, while we, and your slow cooker, do all the cooking for you!
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound small button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 (10oz) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine, or diluted red wine vinegar for a no-alcohol option
- 1/2 cup flour for dredging
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (16oz) pachage egg noodles, cooked (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper, and dredge through flour to coat. Carefully add the beef to the pan, and brown on all sides. Transfer the beef to a large slow cooker, adding the remaining ingredients, except the egg noodles, and mix thoroughly. Cover and cook on low for six to eight hours.
Serve over egg noodles, if desired, with grilled or steamed asparagus and crusty bread. Serves 4 - 6.