Slow Cooker Vegetable Chili
A modern twist on a traditional dish. This slow-cooked chili brings you all the familiar flavors of chili, without any of the meat. And, it's Quick 'n Easy!
This no-fuss, no-muss dinner can be thrown together in a snap before you get the kids out the door for school, and be ready and waiting when you get home from your day. Quick and easy. Delicious and nutritious. Now that's what we're talking about!
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15oz) can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (15oz) can yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese for garnish, if desired
Add all ingredients to a 6-quart slow cooker in order. Mix ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
Plate and serve. Garnish with shredded cheese if desired, and serve with cornbread and a green salad. Serves 4 – 6.